On October 1st, 2008 some important regulatory changes in Netherlands will get effective at short notice:
- As hitherto for all 090x numbers tarif announcements are obligatory, which are implemented by the respective carrier. For 0900 numbers with a tariff higher than EUR 0,15 per minute additionally the maximum costs for the complete call including VAT have to be announced. Since there is no maximum call duration in Netherlands, after which the call has to be disconnected, it´s a matter of service provider´s discretion to define a maximum call duration for his service.For example: You are using a customer hotline with a EUR 0,50 tariff per minute. The average call duration is 10 minutes. You choose a maximum call duration of 15 minutes: The caller rate announcement should include that the call costs EUR 0,50 including VAT per minute with a maximum of EUR 7,50 including VAT.If during a single call it´s turning out that the choosed service duration is too short the caller mustn´t be asked to call a second time, because the whole service has to be provided within the maximum call duration time. However in such a case it would be possible to ask the caller´s name and phone number and to call him back after reaching the maximum service duration and disconnection.
- All advertisements for 090x numbers have to include the costs per minute or per call including VAT. For 0900 numbers with a tariff higher than EUR 0,15 per minute additionally the maximum costs for the complete call including VAT have to be indicated (see above).
- Furthermore the Dutch Regulatory Authority claims the data of all service providers (number users). It´s possible that we will contact you in this issue in order to ask you for these data. This issue is getting effective on January 1st, 2009.
- In case of (suspected) abuses the Regulatory Authority can choose between the following measures:
- Stop of payouts
- Withdrawal of the number
- Deactivation of the number
- It´s for example an abuse to place the caller on hold for an unreasonably long time or if the connection to a number that is billed per call is disconnected before the service is provided.
Since these changes get effective on short notice the implementation in parts isn´t clear at all. We will keep you informed as usual.
If further questions appear don´t hesitate to contact us.
With best regards,
Your Telequest Team
Although this information has been compiled with extraordinary diligence, telequest & Internet Solutions GmbH assumes no liability for their up-to-dateness, completeness and correctness.
The customer is in spite of handing out this information obligated to gather all necessary information about the legal and regulatory provisions and the Code of Conduct of the particular country himself.